Residents of Ramalingapuram in Tiruvallur district, 37-year old Backiyaraj went fishing with his teenage son Arunkumar in a water body when the incident took place.
Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami on Saturday announced Rs 3 lakh compensation to the kin of 12 persons who were electrocuted in various parts of the State recently.
Doctors at the Government Kilpauk Medical Hospital provided a new life to a 19-year-old boy from Villupuram who lost both lower limbs after electrocution.
Meanwhile, Divisional Railway Manager of Waltair, Chetan Srivastava has constituted a committee to probe into the incident.
DFO Praksh Chand Gogineni and his ground staff had informed electricity officials on Monday to snap power supply to the area after tracking the elephant’s movement.
It is learnt that the cadres had sought to erect poles with the party flag to greet the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister during his visit to flood-affected areas in Chennai’s suburbs.
The official said one of the brothers possibly went to start the water pump at the well and received an electric shock.
Judge directs TANGEDCO to pay Rs 13.86 lakh compensation
A 17-year-old boy was electrocuted on Monday when he tried to remove the phone charger from a junction box in Kodungaiyur.
A six-year-old was sleeping at her home in Mangalhat when one of the walls of her house collapsed and she died after getting caught in the debris.
In the last four months, 11 elephants have died in separate districts of the state due to various causes, including electrocution.
According to a statement by the civic body on Tuesday, officials concerned have been asked to submit a report after investigating the incident immediately
Passersby called an ambulance and informed the Pulianthope police. She was rushed to the Kilpauk Medical College and Hospital where doctors declared her dead on arrival.
Irked over the incident, the villagers staged a road blockade and demanded compensation of Rs 25 lakh for the Subala’s kin.
The incident occurred at Veeramdevra village in Pokaran area of the district on Wednesday morning when the trio was working near a tube well.