Republic Day violence: Media house denies in Delhi HC any offensive reporting against Sikh community
In an affidavit filed in the high court, it has claimed that 'not even a single assertion was made in relation to the Sikh community'.
According to official data, over 500 people were injured during the northeast Delhi riots last year.
The women, who were widowed after the riots, are struggling to become self-sufficient and take care of their children.
Elsewhere, the family members of businessman Ishteyaque Khan, who was shot in his stomach, is doing all that they can to help his wife and their children.
Besides non-monetary compensation and financial loss, another factor that has hit the shop owners here is a reduced workforce.
The police, however, say they are taking forward over 750 cases registered in connection with the conflagration.
The communal violence across northeast Delhi erupted in the backdrop of the anti-Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) protests on February 23 last year.
Residents of northeast Delhi have rebuilt their houses which had been reduced ashes. Despite the trauma, most have no grudges against the other community and want to live in peace.
About 68 per cent of those charged under the POCSO Act in Delhi were convicted, much better than the national average of 35 per cent.
Shrivastava said that 755 FIRs were registered in connection with the riots and his force ensured a '"free and fair' investigation.
Narwal and Kalita, who are also members of Pinjra Tod (break the cage) group, were arrested last year in May in connection with the communal riots in north-east Delhi and are in judicial custody.
The court also noted that according to the CDR, no call was made by him to any of the other accused in the case.
They said that 16 persons are still missing and alleged that Delhi Police is trying to implicate farmers in false cases.
A Delhi court granted interim protection from arrest to two persons in seven cases related to the communal violence in north east Delhi in February last year.
The Ministry of Home Affairs was asked if it had taken cognisance of videographic footage that allegedly showed police using excessive force in some cases.